Cook Inlet Tug & Barge is a company that specializes in marine transportation. We focus on providing harbor services and towing support for various industries, including Oil & Gas, Construction, Mining, Government, and more, throughout Alaska.
1. Harbor Services: Our Harbor Services division stands out across Alaska, with a particular emphasis on the Cook Inlet region and Southcentral Alaska. We utilize state-of-the-art tugs based in Anchorage and Seward, Alaska.
2. Specialty-Built Fleet for Projects: Our projects fleet, consisting of five shallow water draft tugs and two deck barges, is specially designed for unique services not matched by any other Alaskan company. These vessels are available for charter and can operate throughout Alaska, with a focus on Western Alaska rivers, bordering seas, and the US Arctic coastline extending into Northern Canada.
Operating from both Seward and Prudhoe Bay, we excel in handling remote jobs in isolated areas of Alaska.Company History
Cook Inlet Tug & Barge has been delivering exceptional marine services since 1924. Originally known as Anderson & Son’s Transportation Co., it was founded by the Anderson Family and contributed to Alaska's early development. The family-owned business played a crucial role by offering marine services for mail, passengers, and cargo between Cook Inlet, Prince William Sound, and destinations like Kodiak, Dutch Harbor, Anchorage, Seward, and Puget Sound.
After World War II, the company was re-incorporated as Cook Inlet Tug & Barge, becoming a market leader in the regions it served. Following the 1964 earthquake that struck Anchorage, we shifted our focus to providing premium marine services in South Central Alaska, particularly in Cook Inlet and the Port of Anchorage. We take pride in delivering excellent services in a unique and challenging environment.
CITB's safety policy aims to prioritize Safety at Sea and ashore with the following primary goals:
1. Preventing human injury or loss of life.
2. Ensuring the safety and health of personnel.
3. Avoiding damage to the environment, vessels, or equipment.
4. Continually improving safety performance, personnel skillsets, planning processes, products, and services.
To be the best Alaskan tug & barge company without question.
We define “best” as being the safest, most ethical, a leader in customer service and reliability, and a top financial performer among peers.
We are Safe.
We put safety first.
We are Reliable.
We take care of our customers.
We conduct business with honesty and integrity.
We are Committed.
We are committed to each other.
We are committed to protecting the environment.
We are committed to our communities.
Cook Inlet Tug & Barge has always supported the communities in which we live and work. As part of the Saltchuk family of companies, we have a commitment to give back 1%. Learn More about CITB's GIVINGTrax.